Thursday, May 27, 2010

The new addition


Solana Grace
Born May 21st, 2010 @ 4:36am
8.5 lbs 19.5" long

Her name means sunshine. And it fits her perfectly.


She is now a week old and couldn't be a sweeter baby.

The labor story:
On wednesday the 19th, I went to my doctors for my overdue-date check up. I was not dilated, and feeling great, no pain, no contractions, no swollen legs or feet. I was 41 weeks pregnant and as I left the doctors I had to schedule my induction date since they would not let me go past 42 weeks. I was praying it would be soon since I did not was to be induced.
That night we were surprised when I started to to have contractions, which were occurring randomly. They soon became very regular at around 2am on Thursday morning, and were about 4-5 minutes apart. Finally around 6am we called our midwife and she told us to head down to the hospital and she would meet us there. After frantically packing and rushing off to the hospital, I checked into the hospital at 7am on Thursday and it was not an easy ride from there. I was in labor for 27 hours and only one of those hours was pushing. Even though I wanted to die, Solana did great. She was perfect the whole way. We had so many blessings through labor, though minor complications occurred, she came out perfect. I was blessed to not have a C-section, and I couldn't have asked for a better midwife and hospital staff.
The moment she arrived was beautiful, and Adam and I were instantly overwhelmed with happiness, excitement, and love for this new little one. She cried for a moment, and as soon as she was placed on my chest and heard my voice, she was calm. Adam held her for a very long time, totally blown away by this incredible moment. She has continued to be a wonderful joy in our lives, and we are so excited.




Our little Texas girl.
This is baby Adam and his mom, we are all blown away at how much Solana looks like Adam.
Adam holding Solana just an hour after she was born. The pictures are identical to me. I love it.

5 comments:

Candace said...

Oh how sweet! She is so adorable! And good for you with such a long labor. That's one of the hardest parts. You look fabulous for just having a baby recently by the way. I am so happy for you guys, children are such a wonderful blessing! Enjoy every moment, time slips by fast!
Congratulations on such a beautiful baby girl!

Katie Briggs said...

She is so beautiful...and I loved how you described her arrival. It makes me really look forward to that moment. What an amazing experience! Congratulations :)

McGraths said...

Congratulations!! She is so precious and I love her name.
-Jaryn

Erin said...

Congratulations you guys! I am SO happy for you, and she is GORGEOUS! I'm glad everything happened the way you wanted it to, and that you made it through with no complications. Welcome to the mommy club!

Jessica said...

She is perfect! So beautiful!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.