Sunday, January 30, 2011

Law Safari-Two of My Favorite Things


They say it's always best to lead a blog post with a sweet picture of a full mount of a freaking Tiger.  (Early tangent:  Seriously, what could be cooler in your house? I told CheyAnn, "I will have one someday. Anyone can get a lion, but a freaking Tiger is like, other-worldly sick."

So now you've probably guessed that I went to the Dallas Safari Club Convention recently!  You're right. I went with my Dad a couple weeks ago, and it was awesome.  Nothing takes your mind off of the stresses of life like wondering:



"How would this look in my house someday?"
The convention was awesome, reminding me of my love and dreams of international hunting adventure.  My lifetime dream trip is now officially: 14-day dangerous game safari in Mozambique followed by 7 days in the Maldives.  Someday.

While I was in Dallas, I also took the opportunity to check out Southern Methodist University, which has a great law school that I've applied to.  It's easily the most beautiful campus I've ever seen, and I hope I get in there!  It had a very old, preppy college feel, which I really love.




On the way back from Dallas, we actually hit a snowstorm!  It was the real deal with snow piling up on the highway and cars sliding off and all that fun stuff!  I miss the snow!  The perfect ending to a great trip!

Someday, in the future, if you come to our house, don't be surprised to be greeted by:

1 comment:

Heather Boothe said...

Adam if I come to your house and am greeted by an elephant, I will die...not because I think it's amazing that you killed an elephant, but because you killed Dumbo or his mom, or Yogi the bear, or Bullwinkle the moose, Shirkaan the tiger (even though he was bad), Bagheri the jaguar, Simba the lion, Bambi, Rafiki the baboon, or any of the other animals that will have to leave their families and loved ones.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.