Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Designing a carnival

I'm glad that everyone (especially Solana) had so much fun, because this party was so fun to design!!! I was in creative heaven and had a blast putting it all together. The best part is it was done practically free. 
This is how it went down: So I have had these unfinished fabric banners hiding out in the closet for a while now, and I was debating on what to do for her party, then I was talking to my mom when I said, "What could I do that I could use my banners?" "A carnival has banners," said the best Mom ever!  From there the party just came together almost perfectly. I finished the banners (someone from my church GAVE me her un-used sewing machine!) and then I made the bean bags, finished a mini banner, made her cake from scratch, printed off some free carnival printables, and ta-da! Most of you know I am NOT crafty, so I was pretty proud of myself for putting this all together, and on a student budget, which usually equals zero. Buy hey, it was meant to be and it was one the funnest days! And the decorations can be used for any party for a very long time. I officially love being crafty....well for now.


















Oh how we love parties. Adam said if he decides to drop out of law school we can go into an event planning business together. Not that it wouldn't work, but I'm hoping he sticks to law. 


1 comment:

Heather Boothe said...

What a darling party CheyAnn! Whatever, you are SO crafty and creative! I'm so glad you blog about your crafty endeavors so I can drool over them ;) Solana is looking like such a little toddler these days in her overalls, sneakers, and pigtails! I can't believe it....we miss you guys dearly.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.