Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April Showers

April was a fun and busy month, yet again. But it was busy with all the activities you want to do, like watching General Conference, furniture buying and selling, Easter fun, and parties. Here are the highlights:


Bostie boy gets to hang with me all by himself most mornings when Solana is at school.  We love our time together! And he has a serious shoe eating obsession.  He also loves to put his shoes on his hands and just walk around with shoes on his hands, like, just chilling.  He does it so much that sometimes we call him "Little Shoe Hands".  Haha, not very creative, but what else are you going to call a kid who is walking around the house with shoes on his hands?


We said goodbye to the beloved Purple Chair. It was my first piece of furniture I bought for myself when I moved to San Francisco and got it from my company. It has been with us everywhere. But being a designer, and loving change - when its out of style its out of style. And I get sick of lots of things really quickly. So we sold it! (I was only sad for like 5 minutes, then I got over it, haha.)


Goodbye Purple Chair!


Solana decided to build a rocket with styrofoam.   No telling what she'll build next.


Adam putting the kids' new desk together. 


Durning conference weekend Solana took over the place. (Glad she's using her new desk…)


Highlight of the month! We finally got a new table and chairs. We sold our old table, surprisingly, very quickly and this one was on back order. So we waited for a month for it to arrive. We couldn't be happier with it. It's so fun to finally feel like a grown up and buy furniture that is actually your own style :)


Spring finally arrived in Virginia. So we ventured out to the back patio a lot. 


Solana likes to pretend she has planted lots of flowers, so she goes around watering the yard quite often in hopes that some will grow.   We really should get some seeds.


This is my view from the kitchen on most days. And I never get tired of it. Love those silly kids. 


This photo melts my little heart each time. He loves to go in the corner and sit quietly and read right before bedtime. Usually he is such a wild boy while we read stories, but this time I grabbed a photo of mister mellow reader. Love him!

No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.