Sunday, June 5, 2011

TMI?

How much is too much? 
I am not sure if I am alone in this or not, but how much information can you really put on an open blog? 
We created our family blog to document our lives, and to print them into a book and have our children read them. We also created it to keep family and friends updated about our lives. It has been a great blessings, and we have loved having it.
But then I pose the question,  what do people really read on a blog?
Some people are picture people, some are story people, and for others its just a great way to share are lives with the people we don't see often enough.
But I personally am a story blogger, I love reading all the fun stories and really knowing what is going on with others. 
I have a good friend Heather, who has a private blog, and writes the best stories about her life, they are funny, interesting, and even random (which is my favorite part) I feel that even though we see each other often, I love that I never feel like a miss a moment with her.
I want to be that open on our blog, but how much information do people really want to know? And more importantly, how much information are we comfortable sharing with the world? So do we go private and dish it all? Or keep it fun and light and stay open for everyone to enjoy?

1 comment:

Heather Boothe said...

I'm flattered! I love reading your story blogs. In fact, I often finish a post and wish for more from you guys!! I struggle too with the TMI question, even though I have a private blog....but I love it, and I love the freedom to be myself and not sensor too much ;) Bring it on!

FYI....my word verification is "skski" is that a sign that we should ski this week?

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.