Friday, May 27, 2011

Going to William and Mary Law!




The oldest law school in the country...
The second oldest college in the country...
Founded in 1693 in one of the original American settlements.
We are so excited!!!
So, I applied to 14 law schools in January, and amazingly, William and Mary Law accepted me within a week of applying! (most schools took 2-4 months...) I found at work, and quickly called CheyAnn to give her the news. With many more schools to hear from, we began waiting and investigating.
I was really focused on practicing corporate law in Texas, so Southern Methodist University was probably my top choice at the time. I had visited SMU and really loved the campus, and it does great in Texas, so it was the front-runner.
However, the tipping point came when I received a call from a current student at W&M Law. She kind of caught me off guard in the morning on a day off, so I kind of groggily said I didn't have any questions, and almost hung up. However, I woke up a bit, and started spouting off all of my questions, and it was great. W&M sounded like a wonderful place, I loved everything she had to say, and I was officially very interested.
Over the next little while, I had several similar awesome conversations with students and alumni, all of whom glowed about the school. Lots of opinions like "It's the best place on earth!" "I love the school," and "The student body and professors are awesome." Not a single complaint. Not one negative point made about the school in talking to probably six different people.
When I received a generous scholarship offer in the mail, my decision was pretty much made. We decided to let the SMU and other schools' deposit deadlines pass without paying, which effectively meant the W&M was the choice, even though we hadn't even visited yet.
If you remember, our trip to Williamsburg was awesome, and it left no doubt in our minds that we were headed to the right place.

We've just about got all of our finances set, a cute house lined up, and are planned up until the day school starts, August 15.
So with great eagerness we anxiously look forward to our family's next great adventure: moving to the East Coast and (finally) attending law school at William & Mary!




2 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

We are excited that you will be joining us here in W-BURG! It really is a wonderful place to go to school. Today we spent the day at Water Country basking in the sun. Just one more thing to look forward to.

benae said...

Congratulation! We're very excited for you guys.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.