Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter loveliness


Easter is pretty much the ideal holiday for a little baby girl.  (11 months old, she’s still a little baby girl, right?)  Think about it: The mascot (for lack of a better term) of Easter, is a giant fluffy bunny – basically a pink stuffed animal.  The official colors of Easter are light, girly pastels – perfect.  The weather is great for playing outside. You hide bright colorful yummy things around randomly, then go chase them down with great excitement for finding each one.  
Also, Easter is like the perfect “size” holiday for little ones.  It’s not epic, like Christmas, where numerous events and travel are planned for a full day, and after 14 hours packed with family action time your baby looks, and acts, like she just rolled down the stairs.   No, Easter is like the perfect balance of big enough to make it special, but not too big to disrupt the nap schedule.  It’s the perfect size holiday.
Bunnies, pretty colors, Easter-egg hunting – Solana’s first east was perfect.



"Surprise, I got a bunny jack-in-the-box! I love this whole Easter Bunny thing!"


"I was watching daddy hide my eggs, and then my Sammy dog joined me for the hunting party."


"Mama had to hold me back from finding my eggs early."


"Let's go find those eggs!"


"Mmmm.....this dye is so tasty!"


"Daddy helped me find all my eggs. He is so smart cause he knew where they all were!"


"My spoon is ready for some food on it"


"Best Easter ever.....well it's only my first."

No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.