Saturday, July 21, 2012

Busch Gardens and Water Country

We finally got our season passes! I decided I was going to get my money's worth and go everyday.  Well so far, I have not reached my goal, but we have gone a lot.  I was so excited to take her to her first theme park, especially one that had a Sesame Street forest!  Before I tell you my story of the taking her for the first time, let me just say this: Do you watch Modern Family? Do you remember the Disneyland episode where they are chasing Lily around? Well I re-lived that episode in all its glory minus the leash, which I wish I had at that moment.  When we first arrived she was happy to sit in her stroller and take it all in.  Then once we got to the Sesame Street forest she was a wild animal.  I took her out of the stroller to take a picture and off she goes screaming "ELMO!" like a crazed fan into the forest.  I then proceed for the next 20 minutes to run after her with stroller in hands and me screaming "Solana STOP!" and her screaming back and me "ELMO!" She was all over the place with a excitement.  I couldn't help but be excited for her, but chasing her through a theme park with the fear of loosing her, and sweating to death was not exciting.  She felt like she had arrived in paradise. And after I calmed her down and explained to her that she could meet all her Sesame friends she finally mellowed.  She had so much fun and talked about it for a while after.  The next time we went we went with her BFF Abigail, and they were able to go on lots of rides and then went to see all her Sesame friends last.  She loved all the rides and is definetly our action packed adventurer seeker. 







Dreams do come true. 






Off to Water Country! She has definitely loved coming to the water park and there is lots for her to do.  I wish I had more pictures. Just this week we finally got Adam and pass, and let me tell you he was just as excited as Solana was. Adam said he hadn't been to a water park in like 15 years, so he was loving reliving those pre-teen years of fast water rides.  It's great because both parks are only 15 minutes from our house, so it's easy to go between naps, and it's fun to cool off in this crazy heat we are having.   




The first time leaving water country, I was putting the stroller in the car, and when I hoped back in, she was already dead out! Poor thing, it was a record for falling asleep. Put her in her car seat and one minute later she is out! 

No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.