Friday, August 24, 2012

Wrappin' up the Summer

Seriously, where has the summer gone!? I can't believe Adam starts school on Monday, and my hours at work pick up again, oh man! I must say that Adam and I are schedule people and function so much better on one, so we are excited to get back into a routine. Summer has been fun, but oh so busy! And not just the run around and play fun (we did do that) but mostly just the busy busy kind.  Adam worked 2 jobs and then took on an internship in Richmond (before the summer started he said he wanted mainly to relax during the summer) then on top of all that, he was applying for jobs, stepping up his networking skills, and tuning up his interview skills.  But it all paid off, because he spent the entire month of August flying around for call back interviews in New York and Dallas, so we feel pretty blessed (more to come on the job offers).  So with all that, Solana tried to stay cool at the pool, Busch Gardens and Water Country.  Here are some random highlights and fun pictures that I thought I'd better document.



Adam had a lunch appointment in D.C. and I needed to head to the design center, so last minute we decided to tag along for a couple of hours. While he was having lunch, Solana ran around (literally) the Air and Space Museum for an hour. She loves it there, and she especially loved her boyfriends that she met.  She really likes mannequins (no joke). 


Her besties at the candy store in Colonial Williamsburg. They are all so cute together.




So after dinner, while I was doing dishes, I noticed how quiet it had gotten (Solana is NEVER quiet) so I knew she was getting into something, then I walked into the living room to find her like this! At first I was impressed that she could even open the blinds to the perfect height for her to see out of. Then I was embarrassed that she was almost naked and showing off for the neighbors, but then I could see how proud of herself she was and I let her stay up there for awhile. 


Solana loves playing basketball with Adam, so one afternoon she got all ready go.  We thought it was pretty hilarious that she grabbed her purse and then put on Adam's basketball shoes.  It was quite the get up.


"What a nice photo of you CheyAnn" well thank you, Solana took it!
We finally let her have a try at the fancy camera, and I was pretty impressed with the results (the fact that she actually got me in the frame is amazing.)


Then she went and took daddy's picture.  He didn't get so lucky, but still a great try. 


Then I took her photo! She loves to pose for the camera, and she loves to say "my turn" after I take hers.


No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.