Saturday, June 29, 2013

NYC for the weekend

A couple of weeks ago we headed up for a weekend trip to NYC, which was too short, but worth every moment.  My family was leaving on a cruise from NY to Bermuda, and since Adam is living there for the summer, it was a perfect time to see everyone and have a great weekend in the city. It had been 4 weeks since I had seen Adam (the longest we've ever been apart) and it was especially hard to leave once the weekend ended, but we enjoyed every minute. Now I'm back to single momin' it, but only for another 4 weeks.  (Well, it was 4 weeks when I wrote this, but now it is only a few days.)
While in the city, I got to see where Adam works, eat some great food, hang out with my family, and have lots of help with the kids.  We loved hanging out in central park,
Solana had so much fun playing with her cousins, shopping at American Girl, watching movies, and blowing bubbles and "climbing mountains" in the park.  Even though we are dedicating at least several years to New York, and are very excited about it, it's still hard not to sometimes wish we lived in California, especially because Solana loves her cousins so much and talks about them all the time.  So who knows where we'll end up in the future, but until then we will continue to soak up all the fun things that the east coast has to offer, which is a lot at a very high price :)





Gigi looks so tan next to super white Bos man, but maybe Gigi was just really tan. 


He is such Daddy's boy, and I LOVE it.


Falling asleep in Daddy's arms in Central Park.


My sister is such a great photographer, and I loved this shot I grabbed. Miss her!


"Climbing mountains" together was the highlight of the trip for both Adam and Solana. She wanted to climb everything she could see.  Cuties! 


Solana can be quite the show off sometimes, and boy does she milk the attention.  I told her that I wanted to take pictures, and so she randomly starts posing and putting on a show for all of us, and as we all busted up, she thought it was even more fun and just kept going. I never have a boring moment with this little entertainer around.



Classic in every way.  


I guess Boston wanted to show off his cute bowling ball head instead of his cute cheeky face. Love that little boy.



Yes my daughter is the Central Park flasher, oh that girl!


I love this picture so much. Tender moments when she wants to be big and read like Addie.


No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.