Monday, August 18, 2014

33!? How did that happen

The fireworks definitely went off in my mind this year :) I can't believe I turned 33. It really hit me this year that time is truly flying by.  I love each new year and I love that I have a whole new age to love and lots to learn.  But what bothers me is how fast it goes.  Because if I get older this quick then that means so do my kids, and I really don't want them growing up so fast!
32 was a fun year, but also a hard one.  I battled depression for over 8 months and finally overcame it earlier this year.  I adjusted to life with 2 kids, and quickly saw just how blessed I am to love 2 perfect kiddos. I learned how little you need to be happy. I learned lots of patience, another meaning of sacrifice, and I learned even more how much God loves me. I learned the power of an answered prayer. I learned most that, no matter what, people can change and should change. Life is most enjoyed when we are learning and growing.  I wouldn't trade a very difficult year for anything. I grew and became a better, happier me, and now I have another great year for more change! Im excited…actually pumped for all that is before me! Cheers to 33!
Adam had one day off from studying for the bar in July, yeah for holiday birthdays! So we were just lucky to have him home with us during the week.  We woke up to a rainy cool 4th of July. We had plans to go the beach, but it rained all morning and Adam decided we should all go do something we haven't done before, so we went on a nature walk around the York River.  It was gorgeous and the weather was unheard of for a summer day in Virginia.  Then after that we chilled at the house while I watched my favorite movie "Throughly Modern Millie" did presents and cake, my favorite chocolate chip cookie pie that Adam makes for me (my mom's recipe) and then headed down to Colonial Williamsburg to watch the fireworks, which were incredible! The weather was still so nice and we had saved seats earlier that day and it really worked out in our favor.  It was a great birthday, lots of love from family and friends!
Bring on a new age, lots of changes ahead with a big move to NYC at the end of the summer! Should be another great year full of surprises and adventures.  Happy 4th of July!!!!!




His face when I told him we were going outside….



Solana and I each made flags for one another to celebrate. 




Solana's great 4th of July sign (backwards J and Y….)


York River State Park - Gorgeous!



It was ridiculously windy by the river. 


And ridiculously windy on the trail, we got a little nervous a tree would fall of us. So this is as far as we went on our walk, because really, trees fall down all the time here, and they were really rocking.


Solana's face is hilarious!


My sexy spousy. 


Guardian of the trail. 


















1 comment:

Jemily said...

So now you know that I totally stalk your blog. Even if it's not meant for me to see. (maybe you already knew that I followed you, what-evs!)
I think you are so beautiful though! You and your family! :) I love your smiling face! I'm going to miss you when you move! I plan on stalking your blog for the rest of my life. Oh, and you totally rock 33! You look and act my age so you'll be golden for the rest of your life.
XOXO,
Emily Crockett

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.