Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spurs Championship #5! and Fathers Day!

So, I'm obviously a little behind on this, but I figured I would make sure that I recorded a couple of awesome memories for me.  The first was a lovely Father's Day - it is weird because when I think of Father's Day, I think of just like, being old - I don't really think of myself as deserving to have a Father's Day celebrated for me.  I just feel like I'm still not grown up enough for all of the Father's Day stuff - ties, tools, etc… Or am I?


Boston is my little cuddle buddy.  That kid loves to cuddle, and so do I!


Nice!  A Father's Day tie!  I love it!


And tools!  Well, not new tools, but newly organized tools!  (I told CheyAnn a while ago that was the only thing I wanted for Father's Day, since my tool kit had become such a mess!)
So, maybe I'm just right for Father's Day after all…


Teaching Boston the Spurs way at an early age.  It is funny because Solana used to wear that shirt too, but she outgrew it, and now it is passed to little B man.  They'll be deeply indoctrinated Spurs fans no matter where we grow up.




It was a big summer for us in basketball terms.  The biggest and greatest and most awesome summer ever!


The Spurs roared through the playoffs and it was SO fun!  Even though I was studying for the bar, I made sure that I didn't miss a single game!  (I figured out that I ended up watching over 80 hours of basketball in a 8 week period.  I love it!  Thanks to CheyAnn for putting up with that!)


Every time the Spurs played a daytime game, like on the weekends, I made sure it was a family event.  I'm just beaming with pride at my little Spurs family.  


So, this is me, at the end, when we clinched Championship #5.  Yes, you better believe I use the collective "we", as most real San Antonio fans do.  I've been 100% invested from the beginning - I attended my first Spurs game in Kindergarten - and this was the finest moment of them all.
When the Spurs lost the championship in 7 games last year, I literally laid motionless on the floor for like 30 minutes.  I cried.  Honestly, for many nights, as I would fall asleep, I would think about the lost Finals and have just this nagging pit in my heart that would keep me awake.  
So this, to come back against all odds, to win our 5th championship in the most dominant NBA Finals series ever - I mean, honestly, my life as a basketball fan is complete.  I'll forever be satisfied by the sweet sweet deep joy of that victory.  The best championship ever.   I LOVE my team, they are a part of me.  I'm so proud and so satisfied and so ecstatic.  It was a dream come true.



1 comment:

andrew devey said...

Ok... I'll admit it. The Spurs were the best team this year. Congrats on your team winning it all in a dominant fashion.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.