Monday, November 7, 2011

October schmober

I actually forgot that Halloween was just last week. October flew by!!! We have been so busy that we can hardly keep with the date and our own schedule. Once I upload the pictures, I remember that we  actually did live through the month. But I honestly have no idea what we did the other days that I didn't take any photos. So here are two great days we remember.

Pumpkinville!


It's been fun exploring such a small town, like going to real pumpkin patches, where you wander into a field and find the perfect one. Solana thought it was a giant yard full of balls and picked them up and threw them. It took a lot of effort to teach her they were not for throwing. 


Yeah she has high hopes, I try not to discourage the impossible. :)


So I was soooo excited to take a hay ride with a tractor pulling us! How classic and country of us! But Solana held tight to me the whole time and wouldn't even crack a smile. I think that is the longest I have ever seen her hold still. She was so scared. Maybe it was the whole noisy, open vehicle thing.  Poor little pumpkin picker.



What a surprise, she was a giraffe!!!
Last year she was a lovable lion and this year Cecily the giraffe.(We love that book.) Yeah, we decided to make her be our favorite animals until she can decide for herself. Plus she LOVED the costume. Didn't want to take it off, and man it was funny to watch her run in this thing. 




Love this sweet giraffe girl



haaaahhhhaaa. I love it!


Yeah it was fun halloween. It was fun to watch her run up the doors and try to fill her trick her treat bag with lots of candy. She was NOT shy about wanting more. And she probably would have kept at it all night if we let her. It definitely got bumped to one of our favorite holidays after this year. 
Well I know it won't slow down this month, but if I want to remember it, I better take more pictures. 

2 comments:

KatieB said...

I LOVE that giraffe costume...where did you find it? Giraffes are a favorite around here...

Heather Boothe said...

What a darling Halloween costume! Very fitting. I bet it was a hoot to watch her play in a field of "balls" (pumpkins). We miss that little girl! We miss you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.