Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Solana's 4th Birthday

Solana turns 4!!!!!!!!
I know in the big picture of life, 4 can seem so young, and it is, but to a Mom, and her being my first, she seems so old and big! And I don't want her growing up so fast. I am loving every moment of this girl's life. Each new year is so much fun. And each year (especially when you're young) brings so many changes and developmental milestones.  
Accomplishments, milestones, and all around fun things she loves as she turns 4:
She can write all her letters!
Read simple books!
Do math and she loves it!
Just graduated from her first year of preschool!
She can spell her name, CheyAnn, Adam, and I Love You all from memory.
She loves drawing and writing letters, and doing anything art related.
She is also a big builder, she loves to build structures (especially bridges and arches) all the time with her blocks and legos. 
Her favorite songs right now are EFY's greatest hits, Tusk by Fleetwood Mac ("Tusk!"), and ABC by Jackson Five. 

For her birthday she wanted a "Rainbow Flower Party." So I tried to do all she had requested. This girls loves all the colors, but mainly yellow and pink. And she loves all things girly. She loves ruffles, flowers, petals, and all things beautiful. (those are her words)
Her garden party was so fun. We played games like duck duck goose, pass the present, and freeze dance. She said is was the best birthday ever, and that is all we wanted her to have. 


4!!!!!!!


Her birthday was on a school day so we got to go in to her class and read her favorite book and bring in some cupcakes. It was so fun to watch Adam read the class and sing Pete the Cate, and have Solana so excited to have us there.


Solana went around her class and each child put a wishing seed in her bag and told her a wish they had for her for her birthday, it was such a cute idea. 


Everyone sang happy birthday. the cha cha cha version.


Generation photo on her birthday. 


The school crew.


Freshly picked flowers from Solana. She is obsessed with flowers and I love it!


Solana helped me put together her tissue flowers. She was very particular on where I placed them and then she wanted me to add stems so some of them. It was actually very fun to have a partner in crime in the party decorating committee.  I know Adam was relieved to have someone else stand in for him.


Oh I loved her cake. My mom and I mixed rainbow colors forever, but it turned out great. I actually find cake decorating super relaxing, I know I'm so weird!  I should probably get a real hobby…


My mom's great creation. They turned out so cute. Carrot and cucumber flowers.


Rainbow fruit kabobs.  Adam happily did that. 


Don't touch those cake pops yet, birthday girl.


Her friends at school made her a sign :)


It was so fun to have Grammy come up for her party. It always means so much to have her visit! 


haha, same sibling pose.




So happy her cousin surprised her. Truly the best ever!  I was prepping for the party, when we saw someone who looked like Brittany walking up to our door, and my mom and I freaked out with giddy surprise!  What an awesome fun surprise from Britt!!!


Sharing their grandma



If Boston could play "Where's Boston?" all day every day, he would be the happiest boy in the world. Brittany is winning his heart over. 


Pure joy


and pure fun.



Let the party begin.



Pass the present


Look at all those cute party girls. So much cuteness!


Ya know, just chillin' by the dessert table with her friends. 


Freeze dance. The best was all of them singing Frozen, "Let It Go" in unison at full volume. Adam said it felt like being at a concert.  They just went crazy when that song came on, and everyone just belted it! Best moment ever!


Awe!!


Addie was so good at getting Boston to laugh. He loves getting to know his cousin too.


Loving some squinkies from Grammy. 


Let the competition begin…who hippo is hungry?!


Seriously when did this perfect angel turn 4! And can I please slow down time. We are so much fun, and each new phase is so exciting. Just when you think it can't get any better, it does and I love it. So here is to another great year!

1 comment:

Dansie Diaries said...

CheyAnn, it looks like that was such a fun party and such a happy girl. When I showed Miles the pictures he said, "lana." So happy he remembers her. I am so sad we moved a few weeks before this fun event. Everything looked so colorful and that cake... amazing. Girl, that's impressive! Oh, and those cake pops, ya they made my mouth water! Can't wait to make those for MJD's birthday in a few months. Miss you guys

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.