Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Law School Journey Comes to a Thrilling Conclusion!


"Hmmm, wonderful world, what shall I do now that I am a law school graduate?"


This is me and Solana in front ot the law school street sign when I first came to visit the school, in April of 2011! 


3 years later!  May 11, 2014, graduation day!  The rest of the family was present, but it was too wild and crazy (i.e. hot, cranky, etc) to get a nice family portrait.  But still, it's good.


First day of Law School August 2011.  I was so fresh-faced and ambitious!


First and last day of school with this little cutie. She was a big drive for his success!  My little cheerleader!  Now, she is cheering me on through the bar exam!


On my last day of finals!  I had just taken an 8 hour final the day before, and then knocked out another final the next morning!  I felt so good to be done, and it was awesome to have the whole family there to celebrate with me!


Our first visit to the school in April 2011 when we made the decision to attend.  We didn't know why, but we knew we were meant to come to W&M.  (It's funny, because I didn't really know anything at all about the school when I applied, and then I got in, and had to tell CheyAnn about it, and then we came to visit.  As soon as we got to Williamsburg, we were pretty much hooked!)


3 years later in April 2014. We survived (barely at times) but always happy!



Yep.  I got a robe.



There's my beautiful law school teammate!  We definitely did it together 100%!  I'm so lucky to have had her support for 3 years!



Really, it was an adventure for the whole family!  


In the time that I've been in law school, Solana has grown from a little 1-year old to an incredible, bright, spirited little girl!


Little Boston has grown from a twinkle in our eyes to a bright ball of happiness and cuteness that lights up our life!


One of my favorite things I've been able to see is how they have become great friends!



Just me and my son, dressed up and sitting on a park bench.


Of course, flowers must be picked.

 

This is my attempt at looking like a serious learned man of the law.


I calculated that I spent like 1500 hours studying at this table during my 1L year.


This was my 2L and 3L spot - much more relaxed, as you can see.


Always fun when kids are on my desk!


Now that Solana understands that I am going to be a lawyer, she loves to talk about how she is going to  be a lawyer!  Hitting the books early!


Speaking of hitting the books early, Boston is going for the Atticus Finch look with the bow tie.

Behold, I am a law school graduate! (Apparently, the "Mace" is a replica of some 1600 British House of Lords thing, given to the law school like 70 years ago, so I felt pretty good to wield it like a giant staff of power!!!!!

Hey, what's up! I'm graduating!!

The nice, and unique Lake Matoaka Amphitheater.  Pretty cool place for a graduation, even though it was like SUPER hot.

Hmmm, this law school thing seems interesting...

Hey there!  Miraculously, throughout the entire 2.5 hour ceremony, Boston was perfect!  Probably because he is a perfect little guy!

Walking across the stage, Juris Doctor degree in hand! (Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in the background to my right...)

Solana, my most enthusiastic fan, was there to greet me as I descended the stage.

Everyone in the family (except for Olivia, of course, who is wonderfully serving her mission in Chicago) was able to make it out to my graduation, which made me SO happy!  (Even though Aaron's flight got cancelled multiple times due to weather, and Sarah had EMERGENCY SURGERY to remove kidney stones THE DAY BEFORE!  That is epic.)

Siblings!

Solana and Miles Dansie, sporting the cool hats post-grad.

Me and Peter Dansie, catching a pic after we successfully dominated law school together!

Law school graduation was an incredible experience for me and my family.  It was such an amazing experience, because while yeah, I'm happy that I could accomplish it or whatever, it really was such a big family accomplishment, and we all did it together, and I was just so grateful to CheyAnn and Solana and Boston for all patiently enduring and successfully completing the journey together.  I feel like it was a team and family effort in every regard, and I'm so grateful and excited we did it!

1 comment:

andrew devey said...

Congrats Prestidge! I hope that you become the Tim Duncan of lawyers. Best wishes to you and your family.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.