Friday, February 20, 2015

December iphone highlights

December was fabulous. First we had Adam's parents come to visit, then we had Ashley come to visit! So much girl adventures packed into 5 days. I actually finally felt like a tourist. We were pretty tired most days, which is a good sign of a successful trip. 
After Ashley left we had a quiet remainder of December preparing for the holidays and starting the winter break from school. Adam's schedule was sadly starting to pick up the closer we got to Christmas, so we saw him less and less as we had more and more time.  But even with that we still enjoyed so much of our first Christmas in the city. 


Ashley's first day in the city we headed down to see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. Little did we know we would end of up seeing it everyday after that. 


We got up early and headed down to the Dominique Ansel Bakery for the famous Cronut. And the line was not even that bad. We only waited an hour and we were the second group in. Score for us!


The bakery was so small, but not a dive, which I'm learning is an added bonus in the city.


The incredible Cronut. It was DELICIOUS! 


Taking a stroll along the Highline.


Yes the dashing man behind me is Hugh Jackman.  We were walking along the street and Ashley stopped and asked a crowd what was going on. They said that Hugh Jackman was coming out after his show, The River.  That's when I lost it with excitement! 


He was one of the nicest men. Giving hugs, signing ticket stubs, and chatting with the ladies. 


Obviously I'm an huge fan and I cannot wait to go and see him on Broadway. 


The crowds near the Rockefeller Center were ridiculous. Definitely worse than the Thanksgiving Parade. It was crazy!


Reach for it girl!
A little Sunday stroll through Central Park and you always seem to find something to keep you entertained. 


Solana really wants one for Christmas...


She makes me so happy!  From the Top of the Rock.


The view from the Top of The Rock is incredible and it can't help but make me love this crazy city that I now call home.



Her favorite thing about the living in the city is seeing the Statue of Liberty. I don't know why or how this obsession came to be, but I love it! 



Besties on top of the world!


Having Ashley to tour around with was simply the best!


We always agree that Central Park is our favorite park in the city :)


Ashely is a big fan of the show Cake Boss. So we headed over to Hoboken and check out the bakery. It was so fun to get out of the city (and the state actually) and also to enjoy the tasty treats. 


Checking out our house from across the state (far right).


Yay!


Love my wild B boy.


Seeing the Rockettes at the Radio City Music Hall was the highlight of the trip. I can't wait to go next year!


The last day that Ashley was there we got up early for another adventure. We went to the taping of the Today Show! And I'm standing in front of the actual 2015 numbers from the Times Square ball drop. 


Hey Matt Lauer…..


Ashley and I squeezed our way into the segments. And we even got on TV! But really it was just cool to watch all the behind the scenes. 


I loved my girls trip and I loved that we packed it full of fun activities. After this trip we were exhausted. 
Thanks Ash for the best weekend!


December was exhausting for Bostie as well...

He is in love with his fedora. He is starting to take after Grandpa Ross….


They get a little too excited whenever we have multiple boxes that we can't carry. They could ride on this all day long.


My cilantro helper.


And sometimes they hold hands during dinner…okay they never do. Which is why I captured it on film.


Trouble makers...


Having her in my life makes life everything better.



After Christmas we went out on a Mommy-Daughter date. She rode her bike and we had a picnic. I'm so proud of my big girl on her pinkalicious bike.


Cant forget your purse...


She wanted to get the Statue of Liberty in the back. But I just love her face most of all!




Hudson at sunset. 


It was a sad day for all. I hate when Christmas is over and Solana had a really hard time taking the tree down, but she helped anyway and I was really appreciative. Solana is the best helper.
Goodbye December, you were amazing!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.