Saturday, October 2, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'—and other notes on good music

1) Lately, I have felt a strong association between lower-level office work and Journey's iconic anthem.  (Perhaps due to this scene.  And then this scene.)  Luckily for me, I do about 40 hours a week of lower-level office work, so yes, that means that my Ipod is doing Don't Stop Believin' overtime.  It seems that every time I walk into a file room, my soul just craves to hear: "Searching in the night!!!!!!!!"  An empty file room makes an awesome stage for sick 80s air guitar solos, trust me.
2) Does anyone remember this post, Adam's Top Billboard Hits?  Well people in the music industry apparently read it and took it to heart, because that song has gone big time, being played as the anthem to no less than a Steven Seagal series, a The Rock movie, and even that weird, awkward welcome party for Lebron James in Miami.  Right now, this song is hotter than Hansel circa 2001.

All I'm saying is, you heard it here first, folks.

2 comments:

CheyAnn said...

Cool story Hansel!

Brooke said...

Don't forget about Glee!!!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.