Monday, August 12, 2013

32nd and 4th (no that's not our address)

This was by far one of my best birthdays! And I have no idea why it was, but it just was.  I grew up with parents who made birthday's pretty special - always parties and always fun activities.  And having your birthday on the Fourth of July always has its perks.  Adam has always been great at making this day seem amazing and he went above and beyond this year.  One of the best presents was picking up Adam at the airport about 1/2 hour before my birthday, keeping the kids up late at night on the 3rd.  It was a sweet reunion and having him home made me feel like he never left, which is always a great feeling.  
So for the hot 4th of July day we headed to the beach, which we did last year and had so much fun, so we decided to head to Yorktown beach again.  We met up with some great friends and just waded in the ocean for a while and got some color on our pasty white bodies (which resulted in Adam sustaining what he calls his "semi-annual horrific sunburn").  I finally got Boston to doze off in the shade in my arms, and then after that we decided to head home.  I then took the most amazing nap (which I had missed being able to do with a spouse at home) and then after some amazing gifts and my traditional cookie ice cream cake, we were spent.  We decided to skip live fireworks and tuck the kids into bed early.  We watched the fireworks live from NYC on TV which was funny because we were leaving the very next day to move there for the rest of the summer.  We were exhausted, but nothing is better than having Adam around. It truly was an amazing birthday!


Cuddling buddy at the airport!


Family selfie at the airport!


Hanging out at the beach with great friends.  




Boston's first day at the beach.  He was a trooper for a bit, but he finally crashed out in the shade.  


32 with 2!


She can always make Boston laugh the most. Two cuties!




My big 5-monther! Sitting up and trying to crawl (just really good push ups right now).


No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.