Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New York (week 4)

The last week was fun for a lot of reasons. First Boston started solids and he finally started sleeping better...finally! Second we moved to another apartment for the last week we were there and it was great to check out another neighborhood.  And third, we were able to go home....home sweet home! Don't get me wrong, we had fun and it was a great experience, but living in a place that is not really yours gets kind of really old after a while.  Especially when you still have to live like you're at home – dishes, cleaning, laundry, etc. – but we had a great time and it gave us a great perspective on where to live, how we like it, and what will be best for our little family.  So in some ways we were sad to leave, and in others we were excited to get back to our low key little town and simple life and enjoy our last year of easy student life. 




Sweet potatoes were a hit. We decided to give him what we gave Solana for the first time as well.  But I am excited that I get to start making baby food again. It's so easy, cheap, and pretty fun.


He kept shoving the spoon in his mouth. He was so hungry! And his growth spurt was killing me slowly. 


The C Wonder scooter was a hit with Solana. We were in the huge "fitting room suite" and they had this parked in it, along with a sofa, ottoman, and separate changing area within the suite - it was blast! Have I mentioned how amazing this store is?!


Headed down to Washington Square Park. I was surprised how much I loved it down there - it had such charm that I wanted to walk around everywhere.



So I figured while I was staying in the biggest city, I would find some things to do that I could only (or more easily do) in the city.  So I found a website that posts where all the shows and movies are being filmed each day.  So when I saw that my favorite show Elementary had started filming again, I hustled down the location.  It was so much fun to see all the happenings, I kind of felt like a stalker, but when you see other people doing the same thing, I guess it makes you feel a little better... but I was pretty bummed I didn't bump into Lucy or Jonnie, oh well... maybe next year! 



Hanging out our last day in the city.  She has been such a trooper, sleeping in odd places, living in the stroller, hearing Boston cry all night, and having to be super quiet while he naps (the apartments were very small) and only having x amount of her toys with her. And she got so picky about her clothes that 2 of her dresses became uniforms on her. This one was one of them. But we had a blast, and I loved being on this adventure with her. 



We watched too much TV for one summer.


Hanging out at the park.  I can't believe he is 6 months now. And even though he became such an awful sleeper (pack n' plays are not meant for sleeping) we still had fun with him. He still melts my heart with his precious smile and bright blue eyes. I am one lucky lady in so many ways.  



No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.