Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fete Paradiso

Fete Paradiso was the highlight of our trip! I mean, a vintage Parisian carnival in NYC...yes please! It was something straight out of a movie and I cannot believe we got to go do this.  While I was living in NYC I followed lots of mommy NYC blogs so that I could be in tune to all the happenings in the city. So I read about it place and had it on my to do list, but then a friend had gone and told me that if its the only thing I do this summer, I need to go to Fete Paradiso.  So Saturday came and we packed up the stroller and headed down to the most amazing carnival ever!  What is it exactly? Well you can read about it here and you will be blown away.  
Seeing the actual rides from France and being able to ride them was like truly stepping back in time.  It was also on Governor's Island, which is a beautiful old island that has old military housing and lots of open park space, but that is really it.  It is a really fun contrast from the city, because it has been designated a historical site and is just like a large island park a short ferry ride from downtown Manhattan.  I hope they continue to have this next year or at least debut it somewhere else in the states.  Here are the highlights of the most fabulous carnival we have ever been to.



My little swan princess


I decided I want to collect old carnivals rides while I was there :)




Apparently the folks back then were smaller, because I did not fit in this little ride, like at all!


I could watch my boys interact all day long, they are so cute together.


The swings actually had real red velvet seats, oh I was in love!


She named her horse Ariel. 


First shot we got....


And the second one...phew glad we took two.


two little cuties!


I thought this bus was the coolest!! It was seriously such a cool little mini bus.  The kids fit so perfectly in it and all the details were so precious.



"oh Mommy please let me drive it.."


Riding her chariot.  She went on this ride over and over and over again.





Some of the rides were unavailable to ride, but I was so happy to see them displayed and was so blown away by the fun colors and intricate details of each piece. 


Walking around the island. So much fun to be around all the water and have the best view of the city.




The view from Governor's Island, notice the new One World Trade Center building on the far left, isn't it gorgeous! It's almost done :)



No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.