Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Paradise in St. Thomas

So, this was a vacation that we've dreamed of for years.  We were really fortunate to go on our honeymoon to the Caribbean, and we've dreamed of those beaches ever since.  This was the first night that we've spent away from our kids - ever - so, 4 years, so that was also crazy!  It was a big celebration for us - graduating law school, taking the NY bar exam, our 6th wedding anniversary, and the close of our law school chapter and the beginning of our next chapter in life. 


We were just giddy for pretty much the entire flight, and getting off the plane on the tarmac, we were just ecstatic.


A perfect way to start our trip!  The car service - literally - rolled out the red carpet for us!



The view from the check-in desk at the Ritz Carlton.  (This trip was one of great deals and discounts, and swinging 4 nights at the Ritz at a totally cheap price was one of the best!)
Quick story: our flights were totally free.  For my flight, I had accumulated enough miles to get it for free.  Then, once when I had a layover in Detroit, the gate agent announced that they were looking for people to get on a later flight, and were offering a $600 voucher!  So, I sprinted up to the counter and got there before a line of 4-5 people behind me.  So, I got $600 for waiting an extra 2 hours!  Not bad!  As I happily got my voucher receipt, a guy nearby said to me, "$600?  You could go to the Caribbean with that."  And I said, "You know what, I just might."


The Ritz hooks you up with a cool beverage when you arrive.


Just chilling after a day of travel.  I was completely relaxed and de-stressed from all things in my life in like .05 seconds once I got outside at the resort.


I don't always hang out on tropical beaches, but when I do, I wear short shorts and tank tops.


A perfect setting


#beachselfie


The view from the balcony outside of our room!  We were so pumped!


A little kayaking action!




A perfectly relaxing set up!


Even the bathroom was beautiful!


Chilling in our room


Hotel courtyard


Hanging out on St. John


While at St. John, we took a little side trip and trekked over to Sam & Jack's deli, which CheyAnn discovered had super good reviews.  It was a really fun way to relax and just kick it on the island - we really felt like we had escaped to a different country.


CheyAnn likes this green and pink fence.  I admired the patience it must have required.



Trunk Bay, St. John.  Like, pretty much, the most beautiful beach ever.


Most beautiful beach with the most beautiful woman.


I mean, just look at that water!


Same thing.  Crazy!


So, apparently writing our initials in the tropic beach sand is like, our thing for all of the times we go the Caribbean...


Obviously, we're natural snorkelers and this was like, no big deal for us.


One more Trunk Bay shot


Enjoying some very delicious Root Beer on St. John, made even more delicious by a long day at the beach.


Thirsty!


One last shot of Trunk Bay as we left…


St. John is really cool.




We loved snorkeling so much, we decided to do it again!


CheyAnn, catching a shot of Magen's Bay on our final day.



A little panoramic action from our lounge chairs on our final morning.  Goodbye tropical paradise.  See you soon, hopefully!

1 comment:

Dansie Diaries said...

These pictures are gorgeous! I totally want to go there some day! I am so glad you guys got to go enjoy such an amazing vacation! I can't believe how fast law school went, but what a fun way to close that chapter of your lives.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.