Thursday, August 18, 2016

Introducing: Farrah Virginia

Meet Farrah Virginia! Arrived May 4th. She arrived 2 days early (much to our surprise since Solana and Boston arrived so late) and labor was easy-peasy this time around. My labor only lasted 10 hours for me, which to me feels quite miraculous. 
She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz (same as Solana) and was 21 inches long.  She was named after my dear Grandma Virginia, who passed away when I was 23, and we were very close, and it just felt right to carry on her sweet name. 
Farrah has been our easiest baby so far. She sleeps great is pretty mellow, but really fun and happy. She is like the perfect newborn (super sleepy and cuddly), so it must be that the third time is a charm.

My labor story was pretty easy this time around. The night before she was due, I stated having contractions on and off. I was able to sleep all night and that morning I already had a scheduled doctor's appointment for a checkup. So I kept my appointment and went it in. (Adam stayed home with the kids.) But by the time I saw the doctor, she told me that I was in active labor and she would be checking me into the hospital right then, she didn't want me going home because she was worried it would be too late!  So I left the appointment and sat in the car and made arrangements for our kids and figured out a plan for Adam to come meet me.  Even though we had things planned out in advance, it still required a lot of last minute logistics!
The doctor's office was right next to the hospital, so a few minutes later, I walked myself into the labor and delivery department.  Once I got all settled it was go time, and I felt like the day went pretty fast. The staff at the hospital were incredible - I loved my nurses and my doctor was fabulous.  Farrah was born at 4:15 in the afternoon after only one push. She was beautiful and looked so much like Solana. She was perfect and we are so blessed to have her in our family. 
















1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a sweet little angel!! Congratulation to your family. You sound like you are taking this three kids thing in stride, it's very impressive.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.