Thursday, August 18, 2016

Its always fun when Grandma comes, when Grandma comes hooray!

The house was quiet, and I had just woken up from another fabulous long nap. Then I go outside to find my mom (Gigi) playing with kids outside.  My house was clean, my kids were playing happily, and I was refreshed.  I've realized that having a 3rd baby is easier than expected, because taking care of a small baby is much easier than keeping up with the other two kids! Its not because my older children are difficult, its just that they require more attention than just feeding and a diaper change and lots of sleep. They require lots of physical and emotional attention and energy. We are so blessed that both our mothers were so willing and able to come out and help us so significantly when we had Farrah. Our kids adore their grandparents and these moms don't run short on energy either. Its amazing how they do it all, probably because they have 20 plus years of experience taking care of kids. :)
I loved how happy my kids were to spend time with them, how clean my house remained, how my kitchen was always clean and my laundry was always folded. And they were still able to hold and rock sweet Farrah to sleep so that I could take much needed naps. May was bliss with so much help around, plus it made it that much more fun to have a new baby when you have such fun company. We love them dearly, and I feel like a 100 "thank yous" isn't even enough to tell them how grateful we are.  Moms are simply the best!























Memorial Day weekend was a little different here. The neighborhood was flooded and we were pretty much trapped in our subdivision. And we were extremely grateful that Grandpa Brad could make it out for the weekend, even with super-delayed flights with the rain, he made it and we all survived the unpredictable weather. 

May was especially good to us, but it was mainly due to the incredible and helpful family we have.
Thanks to everyone!



No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.